We’ve shown love to young black girls and black men, but now we want to speak to the parents that helped us become exactly who we are. Thank you for showing me what it means to persevere, be courageous and advocate for your children in a world that doesn’t expect you to do any of that.
1.Thank you for showing me what it means to persevere, be courageous and advocate for your children in a world that doesn’t expect you to do any of that
2. Putting yourself first is not selfish. Being mentally, physically, and spiritually balanced can influence the balance of our family.
3. Take some time for yourself. Relax.
4. You remind me every day what hard work and dedication truly mean. I appreciate you.
5. I think you’re beautiful. Exactly how you are – love marks, curves and all! #Blackgirlmagic
6. It’s okay to be lonely, but know that you are not alone.
7. You’re powerful. The risk you took bringing and protecting a black life in this world speaks to that.
8. Material things don’t matter. Your love and support is what we crave the most.
9. You are the reason I will never ever quit.
10. We miss you! Even though we don’t call enough, know that we are thinking of you daily.
11. You have the power to break any family habits and cycles. What your mother, sister and grandmother did is NOT a reflection of how you have to live your life.
12. You are enough. I know raising a black family is not easy, and you did an amazing job!
13. Don’t stop dreaming just because you’re getting older. Black will never crack and your dreams are there for a reason. Go get ’em, just like you taught us too.
14. Thank you. Thank you for all the sacrifices you made.